Be sure to check out parts 1-6 first!
-Part 1 (Chicago-Istanbul) CLICK HERE!
-Part 2 (Istanbul-Singapore) CLICK HERE!
-Part 3 (Singapore-Male) CLICK HERE!
-Part 4 (Male-Rangali Island, Conrad) CLICK HERE!
-Part 5 (Dr. I Getting His Robinson Crusoe on in The Maldives) CLICK HERE!
-Part 6 (Rangali Island-Male) CLICK HERE!
FLIGHTS #6 AND 7: MALE (Velana)-Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi
Aviation Geek Details:
- Airline and flight number: Air India flight # AI264
- Route: Male (Velana)-Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi
- Aircraft: Airbus A320
- Airplane (registration and year built):VT-EXT, built in 2017
- Miles flown:
- 434 miles Male-Thiruvananthapuram
- 1,451 miles Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi.
- Flight duration:
- 58 minutes Male-Thiruvananthapuram
- 2 hours and 59 minutes Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi
- Class of Service and Seat: Business, seat 2A
- This is my: 678th and 679th flight on 95 airlines.
- This is my: 3rd and 4th flights on Air India
- This is my: 60th and 61st flights on an Airbus A320.
Check out the full flight video right here!:
- Experience/Total stars: Needs Improvement/ 2.3 out of 5 stars. The only saving graces for these flights were the cabin crew and the meal service on the first leg.
- Check-in: 5/5. Excellent. Polite staff, quick process, checked bags all the way through to Chicago.
- Lounge: 4/5. Pretty solid contract lounge with good food, fast wifi, and clean bathrooms.
- Boarding: 3/5. Pretty average.
- Seat: 1/5. Seats were wide and soft but lacked adjustable headrests, builtin footrests, as well as audio or video entertainment
- In-Flight Entertainment: 0/5. There was nothing. No audio, no video and no magazines.
- Meals: 1/5. The meal on the first leg was impressive the but the meal on the longer leg to Delhi killed any culinary good will.
- Cabin Crew: 5/5. Friendly and proactive.
- Cabin ambiance: 3/5. Pretty average, nothing stood out either way.
- Cabin cleanliness: 4/5. No complaints, the cabin was clean.
- Price paid and value for money: N/A, these were award flights.
- Thumbs up: Great cabin crew, good meal service on the shorter leg.
- Thumbs down: Bad seats, no in-flight entertainment and horrible meal service on the longer leg to Delhi.
-Follow us on Instagram (@TwinDoctorsTV) to check out our latest travel pics.
-Like us on Facebook (TwinDoctorsTV) and follow us on Twitter (@TwinDoctorsTV).