Be sure to check out parts 1-7 first!
-Part 1 (Chicago-Istanbul) CLICK HERE!
-Part 2 (Istanbul-Singapore) CLICK HERE!
-Part 3 (Singapore-Male) CLICK HERE!
-Part 4 (Male-Rangali Island, Conrad) CLICK HERE!
-Part 5 (Dr. I Getting His Robinson Crusoe on in The Maldives) CLICK HERE!
-Part 6 (Rangali Island-Male) CLICK HERE!
-Part 7 (Male-Thiruvananthapuram-Delhi) CLICK HERE!
FLIGHT #8 OF 9: Delhi-Zurich
Aviation Geek Details:
- Airline and flight number: SWISS Flight LX147
- Route: Delhi-Zurich
- Aircraft: Airbus A340
- Airplane (registration and year built): HB-JMA, built in 2003
- Miles flown: 3, 987 miles.
- Flight duration: 7 hours and 56 minutes.
- Class of Service and Seat: Business, seat 5A
- This is my: 680th flight on 95 airlines.
- This is my: 12th flights on SWISS
- This is my: 9th flight on an Airbus A340-300, 12th flight on an Airbus A340 series aircraft.
After arriving from Male on Air India, we decided to kill a bit of time in the Singapore Airlines Silver Kris lounge. I was a bit surprised that SWISS used the Singapore Airlines lounge instead of the Lufthansa lounge, but as long as I had a place to chill and wait for our next flight, I was fine. To be honest, the Silver Kris lounge was a bit of a disappointment but it was better than just sitting at the gate.
You can check-out take off and the full flight video here. Another link will appear at the end of the trip report if you want to continue reading:
Experience/Total stars: 3.6/5 stars-Definitely above average but could have been better.
- Check-in: N/A, we checked in with Air India in Male.
- Lounge: 3/5. The Silver Kris lounge in Delhi was pretty spartan but sufficient.
- Boarding: 3/5. Boarding was a bit delayed (no big deal) but after entering the gate, we were held there for another five minutes before being allowed to actually board the aircraft.
- Seat: 3/5. The seats were nothing special. I was actually expecting a bit more from SWISS’s intercontinental Business Class. The seats were comfortable enough when reclined but the foot weels were a bit tight.
- In-Flight Entertainment: 2/5. The IFE system was quite dated and the selection was actually pretty minimal.
- Meals: 4/5. The meals were flavorful and appropriate for the time of day.
- Cabin Crew: 5/5. The crew were all professional (in appearance and behavior), friendly and accommodating.
- Cabin ambiance: 3/5. The cabin was nothing special. Nice branding but a bland palate and no mood lighting.
- Cabin cleanliness: 5/5. While bland in appearance, the cabin was immaculate.
- Price paid and value for money: N/A, this was part of a mileage booking.
- Thumbs down: The Silver Kris lounge in Delhi left a little something to be desired, the seat was average at best and the in-flight entertainment was dated.
- Thumbs up: The meals were good, the crew was great and the cabin was clean.
You can find links to the YouTube video reports for both flights at the end of this report. Enjoy!!
FLIGHT #9 OF 9: Zurich- Chicago (O’Hare)
Aviation Geek Details:
- Airline and flight number: SWISS flight # LX6
- Route: Zurich/Kloten-Chicago/O’Hare
- Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
- Airplane (registration and year built): HB-JHA, built in 2009
- Miles flown: 4,822 miles.
- Flight duration: 9 hours and 16 minutes.
- Class of Service and Seat: Business, seat 12A
- This is my: 681st on 95 airlines.
- This is my: 13th flight on SWISS
- This is my: 19th flight on an A330-300 and 31st flights on an Airbus A330 series aircraft.
The SWISS Business Class Lounge:
You can check out the take-off and flight video here. Fear not, another link will appear at the end of this trip report if you want to read on.
Experience/Total stars: 4.3/5 stars-Pretty good!
- Check-in: N/A, checked in with Air India in Male
- Lounge: 5/5-The SWISS lounge in Zurich is spacious and well appointed.
- Boarding: 4/5- The secondary screenings are always chaotic but that is not SWISS’s fault.
- Seat: 3/5- The seats are good enough but I feel like the personal space and the storage space is quite lacking.
- In-Flight Entertainment: 4/5-The A330 entertainment was a bit more voluminous.
- Meals: 4/5- The meals were pretty good but the servings were small and the desserts weren’t quite my cup of tea.
- Cabin Crew: 5/5-The crew was professional, friendly and attentive.
- Cabin ambiance: 4/5- The mood lighting added a little something to the bland but professional appearing cabin.
- Cabin cleanliness: 5/5-The cabin and lavatory remained clean throughout the flight.
- Price paid and value for money: N/A, this was an award booking.
- Thumbs down: The meal servings were a bit small and the seat is average at best (for a premium cabin seat).
- Thumbs up: Nice, professional crew, good food, and a nice, restful sleep.
Video flight report for LX#147 DEL-ZRH:
Video flight report for LX# ZRH-ORD:
-Don’t forget to like us on Facebook
-Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter
-Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos!