Be sure to check out part 1 (flying Chicago-Istanbul) and part 2 (flying Istanbul to Singapore) first.
For part 1 Click HERE.
For part 2 Click HERE.
FLIGHT #3: SINGAPORE (Changi)-MALE (Velana)
Aviation Geek Details:
- Airline and flight number: Singapore Airlines flight # SQ452
- Route: Singapore (Changi)-Male (Velana)
- Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
- Airplane (registration and year built): 9V-STW built 2013
- Miles flown: 2,162 miles
- Flight duration: 3 hours and 52 minutes
- Class of Service and Seat: Business Class, seat 12A (window)
- This is my: 675th flight on 94 airlines.
- This is my: 9th flight on Singapore Airlines
- This is my: 31st flight on an A330 family aircraft
- Experience/Total stars: Excellent/ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Check-in: N/A
- Lounge: 4 out of 5. The Silver Kris lounge in terminal 3 was heads and tales above most domestic U.S. lounges but after the Turkish Istanbul lounge, it seemed a bit spartan though it had everything needed for a three-hour layover.
- Boarding: 4 out of 5. There was a call for priority boarding and separate doors for Business Class and Economy Class. The only thing that was odd was the fact that boarding passes were scanned when entering the boarding lounge but no one was actually standing at the boarding door when boarding was called, so it was a bit confusing which gate was actually being used.
- Seat: 4 out of 5. Really good for a regional premium class product. The only drawbacks were the narrowness of the footwell in fully reclined position and the seating controls are not very intuitive.
- In-Flight Entertainment: 4 of 5. Kris World still has a great selection but I missed the live TV and free wifi provided by Turkish Airlines.
- Meals: 5 of 5. What can beat “Book the Cook” and delicious Lobster Thermador?
- Cabin Crew: 5 of 5. Very attentive, polite and engaging.
- Cabin ambiance: 4 of 5. The cabin was bright and clean, it was just kind of spartan and lacked character.
- Cabin cleanliness: 5 of 5. Spotless, no complaints there. Touch-free garbage cans, A+!
- Price paid and value for money: 5 of 5. Paid for using Mileage Plus miles at the lowest rate.
- Thumbs up: Great crew, food, and seat for a regional flight.
- Thumbs down: Boarding was a bit chaotic and seat could have been more comfortable in the fully reclined mode.
Check out my flight video report for SQ#452 Singapore-Male:
Be sure to check out part 1 (flying Chicago-Istanbul). For part 1 Click HERE.
Be sure to check out part 2 (flying Istanbul to Singapore).For part 2 Click HERE.
Be sure to check out For part 4 (the seaplane flight to Rangali Island). For part 4 CLICK HERE.