Be sure to check out parts 1-5 first!
-Part 1 (Chicago-Istanbul) CLICK HERE!
-Part 2 (Istanbul-Singapore) CLICK HERE!
-Part 3 (Singapore-Male) CLICK HERE!
-Part 4 (Male-Rangali Island, Conrad) CLICK HERE!
-Part 5 (Dr. I Getting His Robinson Crusoe on in The Maldives) CLICK HERE!
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and after 10 beautiful days with nothing but sunshine, buffet breakfasts and naps on the deck, it was time to bid the Maldives and Rangali Island a fond adieu.
FLIGHT #5: RANGALI ISLAND (Conrad)-MALE (Velana)
Aviation Geek Details:
- Airline and flight number: Trans Maldivian Airways flight # 8Q??? (no boarding pass given)
- Route: Rangali Island (Conrad hotel)-Male (Velana).
- Aircraft: de Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter Floatplane
- Airplane (registration and year built):8Q-MBF, built in 1973
- Miles flown: 69 miles
- Flight duration: 24 minutes
- Class of Service and Seat: Economy, seat 4C
- This is my: 677th flight on 95 airlines.
- This is my: 2nd flight on Trans Maldivian Airways
- This is my: 2nd flight on a de Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter Floatplane
Check out the taxi, takeoff and full flight right here:
- Experience/Total stars: Above Average/ 3.4 out of 5 stars. Again, this is using my technical parameters and the limitations of a seaplane obviously can affect the overall rating but much like the inbound flight, the unique nature of this flight makes it a 5-star flight in my mind!
- Check-in: 5/5. Excellent, unlike the outbound flight, there were no lines and the Conrad took care of everything (luggage and check-in).
- Lounge: N/A
- Boarding: 5/5. Again, quick and easy with open seating.
- Seat: 1/5. Same as before, hard seats with non-existent legroom.
- In-Flight Entertainment: 5/5. The scenery was the only entertainment needs but there again was an in-flight magazine to help pass the time.
- Meals: N/A
- Cabin Crew: N/A
- Cabin ambiance: 3/5. Again, the cabin is pretty basic but the huge windows and the AC made all the difference this time around.
- Cabin cleanliness: 3/5. Nothing special but not horrible.
- Price paid and value for money: 2/5. Like I said before, the $500 price tag seems a bit much.
- Thumbs up: Huge windows and beautiful views!
- Thumbs down: It was taking me away from paradise!
-Be sure to follow us on INSTAGRAM (CLICK HERE) to see our latest travel pics.
-Like us on Facebook (TwinDoctorsTV) and follow us on Twitter (@TwinDoctorsTV).